Customized Energy Solutions (CES), a privately-held company, is a leading service provider of market intelligence and operational support services to companies participating in the retail and wholesale electric and natural gas markets. Utilizing deep know-how developed since the inception of the deregulated energy markets, CES provides accurate & timely analysis on regulatory changes, market opportunities, and operational efficiencies for electricity and natural gas commodities.
Join a rapidly growing company in an exciting and dynamic work environment. As one of the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia region, Customized Energy Solutions offers an opportunity for significant professional growth. Our team of associates at CES is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate about providing excellent Services to our clients. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment. Our main office is in Philadelphia, with satellite offices in various U.S. states, Canada, Japan and in India.
Customized Energy Solutions is looking for an Analyst with experience in retail energy commercial and industrial billing, pricing operations or other related market services to join its Retail Services team. In this role the successful candidate will support the Company’s Retail Energy practice by running the dual bill processes to support complex billing services, which are bills that may include wholesale pass through, shadow settlement, and other market dependent components. Daily responsibilities will include internal error management, client coordination and communication, as well as conducting bill audits and performing issue investigation. This role will report directly to the Manager of Retail Operations. This position will suit a candidate comfortable working under deadlines and with competing priorities. Scope of work will include client billing portfolio management, monitoring and validating bill and payment processing queues, and bill process development and implementation.
The successful candidate will be a high energy self-starter, a positive team player, possess strong analytical skills, and have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Being detail oriented and a person of integrity are essential qualities, as is an ability to handle new tasks and manage multiple projects and competing priorities. Competitive compensation and first rate benefits package, including medical, dental, 401k, profit-sharing, life and disability insurance, and tuition reimbursement. Excellent opportunities for advancement for the right individual.
- Develop, establish and maintain strong client relationships while interacting daily with clients providing support for software and services
- Daily billing and EDI operations, including quality audits, controls and exception management
- Develop business specs for software and reports, and work with development team to create and validate new features and reports
- Perform validation on data flows to be used in commercial product billing
- Work with billing manager to perform billing system audits by shadow billing subsets of daily billed accounts
- Work with operational and technical team to build additional validation and automation into the billing process
- Assist in completion of ad hoc projects as required
- Work with clients to answer questions and investigate bill errors as required
- 2 – 5 years’ relevant electric and/or natural gas retail billing and/or pricing experience
- Experience working with advanced commercial retail products strongly preferred
- Relevant college degree or equivalent experience required
- Relevant graduate degree or advanced industry training a plus
- Excellent analytic processing skills (Excel, SQL preferred)
- Ability to analyze information, solve problems and make quick, fact-based decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a deadline-driven, self-managed environment
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to think “outside the box” by developing and implementing improvements to processes and tools
Competitive salary range of $60,000 to $75,000 commensurate with experience. Customized Energy Solutions is committed building a culture where quality work is not expected but rewarded. We offer are associates a first rate benefits package that includes competitive compensation, health and dental insurance, short/long term disability benefits, profit sharing, 401k matching, work-life balance and career development opportunities.
For more information please click here.