Our Company: Customized Energy Solutions (CES), a privately-held company, is a leading service provider of market intelligence and operational support services to companies participating in the retail and wholesale electric and natural gas markets.
Utilizing deep know-how developed since the inception of the deregulated energy markets, CES provides accurate & timely analysis on regulatory changes, market opportunities, and operational efficiencies for electricity and natural gas commodities. The service offerings include real-time regulatory reporting services and fundamentals-based market opportunity analysis which market participants rely upon to better understand drivers, risks and dynamics of regional power and gas markets as they impact return on investment. CES operational service offerings for load serving entities include EDI, billing, pricing, scheduling, settlements, ARR-FTR management and DSR management and finally operational service offerings for generation owners include all aspects of real-time asset scheduling and management, day-ahead hedging and longer-term price-risk management. CES is uniquely qualified to support new technology generation strategy and asset management services.
CES is committed to enhancing the market activities of our clients through access to superior market intelligence and operational support services.
Our Team: Our team of associates at CES is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate about providing excellent Services to our clients. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment. Our main office is in Philadelphia, with satellite offices in various U.S. states, Canada, Japan and in India.
CES is seeking a talented Analyst to provide financial accounting and analytical support for CES’ clients.
Job Description: Analyst, Retail Services – Analytics
The Retail Energy Operations Analyst will be responsible for ensuring client facing business processes are completed effectively and efficiently, and for initiating and ensuring the resolution of problems with those processes by coordinating with responsible staff. The candidate will work directly with clients to ensure their successful integration into Customized Energy Solutions’ business processes, as well as coordinate clients’ ongoing interactions with those business processes and CES Retail Market Services.
Retail Market Services is involved in enabling client participation in the retail energy marketing business through support and assistance in all phases of the business. The position will report to the Director of Retail Market Services and Operations.
- Manage Financial Transactions for Clients
- Assessing Client requests and issues and working with operations and development teams to specify, prioritize, and schedule necessary improvements or modifications
- Client day to day financial position management
- Support Client account invoicing operations processes
- Coordinate Client support with other operations areas such as load forecasting, pricing, hedging and settlements
- Background in Analytics and\or Accounting – with a preference for experience in the energy sector
- Oral presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Data analysis and manipulation skills – with a preference for experience in SQL
- Understanding of ISO markets and load serving obligations
- Knowledge of industry deregulation and retail market competition – with a preference for experience with EDI
- Spreadsheet modeling skills
Required Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math/Science/Engineering/Business/Accounting (Masters preferred)
- Three years (competitive) energy markets experience (specific Retail Marketing experience a plus)