Customized Energy Solutions is looking for a Compliance Analyst to provide support on its Renewable Energy and Compliance team and perform a variety of analytical and process improvement and management functions, including the development, supervision, and improvement of data tracking and data management systems.
The primary functions of the role include process improvement, project management, and issue/information tracking and distillation. The successful candidate will develop and implement improved process frameworks to enhance new market entry, ongoing compliance, and informational support processes consistent with the needs of CES’ clients.
These may involve ongoing coordination to support the development team or outside development staff on build-out of compliance tracking and submission automation processes. The position will include following and communicating regulatory issue developments, and supporting client compliance positions and filings, as well as expanding and strengthening compliance offerings to the company’s clients and expanding existing and new services to prospective clients. This role will be critical in conveying appropriate inputs and providing appropriate support to the development team as they work to build platform architecture.
By means of ongoing support, preparation and submission of filings will be on an as-needed basis around heavy volume periods or specific client projects.
The position will require daily and direct interaction with the Compliance Team, Clients and regulatory authorities as well as independent analysis. The successful candidate will be an extremely detail-oriented high energy self-starter, a positive proactive team player, highly proficient in Excel and data analysis, and possess excellent communication skills and initiative. A background in deregulated retail electricity markets, state Renewable Portfolio Standard obligations and/or Renewable Energy Credit markets strongly preferred. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Reliability and integrity are essential qualities, as is an ability to handle new tasks and manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Develop, implement, and manage a process for tracking required RTO, state, and utility compliance filings for retail suppliers, including the maintenance of a comprehensive accounting of requirements, data collection and timely notification system
- Analyze and manage complex data sets
- Prepare, submit, track, and manage regulatory and compliance filings
- Support compilation, preparation, and submission of compliance filings, new market entry applications, name change or material impact updates, etc., on an as-needed basis
- Establish and maintain complex data sets and models and information tracking systems for additional data and tracking systems as needed.
- Monitor state and utility regulatory proceedings to identify relevant developments/rule changes and provide relevant actionable items to business team
- Monitor developments at tracking systems, PUCs, state and utilities to identify and communicate relevant RPS, retail, or compliance issues to the team and/or to clients where appropriate
- Evaluate and assess current additional required federal filing and requirements in current systems (FERC EQR, DOE EIA, CFTC, Dodd-Frank, etc) and make recommendations, develop and implement processes for system improvements
- Supervise the translation of a filing compliance system to an independently developed or third party project/compliance management tool.
- Prepare and submit ongoing federal, ISO, state, and utility energy load reports
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients and regulatory authorities
- Utilize and manage internal and third-party databases
- Perform other duties as assigned/needed
- Provide documentation of improved functional system and process solutions.
- Build, implement, and grow a meaningful and improved compliance maintenance system across the enterprise.
- Relevant undergraduate degree (finance/economics/engineering). Advanced degree a plus.
- 3+ years relevant work experience (compliance, project management, data analysis).
- Energy industry background required, experience in deregulated retail market operations, RPS and REC markets strongly preferred.
- Excellent analytic processing skills (Excel, SQL required, Java or .Net preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Established ability to work well in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work in a self-managed environment or as a member of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to think “outside the box” by developing and implementing improvements to processes and tools.
Salary commensurate with experience. First rate benefits package, including medical, dental, 401k, profit-sharing, life and disability insurance, and tuition reimbursement. Excellent opportunities for advancement for the right individual.