Customized Energy Solutions is at the forefront of competitive energy markets. Through consulting services, financial analysis and operations services, we enable competitive suppliers, technology providers, and utilities to prosper. We have been recognized as one of the fastest growing, privately held companies by Inc. 500 and by Philadelphia 100.
Join a rapidly growing company in an exciting and dynamic work environment. As one of the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia region, Customized Energy Solutions offers an opportunity for significant professional growth. Our team of associates at CES is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate about providing excellent Services to our clients. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment. Our main office is in Philadelphia, with satellite offices in various U.S. states, Canada, Japan and in India.
The Natural Gas Scheduling Analyst will support the efforts of clients’ participation in natural gas markets as well as management of customer information including; pipeline scheduling, capacity release, forecasting, pricing, settlements and LDC/pipeline imbalance management, invoicing and reporting as well as ad hoc projects as applicable. Project work may include participation in the development of business requirements to support internal natural gas platform and software development, in collaboration with technical teams. This position will also support the marketing efforts of the Retail and Wholesale Teams, as well as the opportunity to engage in other company initiatives and opportunities.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
This candidate will work with large amounts of transactional data associated with multiple clients’ participation in wholesale and retail natural gas markets. The candidate will be responsible for managing market entry enrollment forms for clients, exchanging data with utilities, exchanging data with the clients, verifying LDC and pipeline statements, verifying enrollment and billing, analyzing monthly data, daily and intraday gas needs; both scheduling and trading, forecasting future requirements related to gas, portfolio analysis, and or other natural gas marketplace functions. The candidate will possess and maintain an ongoing understanding of LDC and interstate pipeline market rules and apply this knowledge on behalf of clients in various marketplaces. Candidate will also work to identify opportunities for enhanced reporting and process efficiencies.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 1-2 year’s natural gas experience or related industry experience in scheduling/analysis/trading
- Knowledge of Retail and Wholesale Natural Gas energy markets.
- Working knowledge of LDC scheduling, pools, capacity release, contract scheduling and imbalance management.
- Establish and maintain strong client relationships
- Exceptional attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Experience in dealing with Excel spreadsheets, databases, and EDI
- Commitment to working seamlessly and openly with a small team devoted to outstanding customer service, personal improvement and company growth.
- Analyze complex data sets to diagnose anomalies and identify trends
- Natural gas scheduling background with some trading a plus
- Working experience with Midwestern markets, pipelines, and LDCs as well as other areas such as California, East Coast and various production areas is a plus
Customized Energy Solutions offers competitive salary range of $50,000 to $70,000 commensurate with experience. Benefits include performance bonus and profit sharing Medical Savings Account, comprehensive health Insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, and 401K matching and tuition reimbursement. Excellent opportunities for advancement.
For more information please click here.