Customized Energy Solutions (CES), a privately-held company, is a leading service provider of market intelligence and operational support services to companies participating in the retail and wholesale electric and natural gas markets. Utilizing deep know-how developed since the inception of the deregulated energy markets, CES provides accurate & timely analysis on regulatory changes, market opportunities, and operational efficiencies for electricity and natural gas commodities.
Join a rapidly growing company in an exciting and dynamic work environment. As one of the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia region, Customized Energy Solutions offers an opportunity for significant professional growth. Our team of associates at CES is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate about providing excellent Services to our clients. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment. Our main office is in Philadelphia, with satellite offices in various U.S. states, Canada, Japan and in India.
We are looking for a person to take ownership of our process of responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Interest (RFIs) and similar written responses to business development opportunities.
Position will include the following duties at a minimum:
- Proposal Process Support
- Create/Maintain/Improve response template documents (e.g. typical response outlines, updated resumes and company description, etc.)
- Create/Maintain sub-contractor lists and manage administrative interactions with sub-contractors
- Create/Maintain/Improve general process for managing the response to proposals
- Proposal Identification and Response Support
- Assist in identifying proposals we should consider responding to and getting us on relevant vendor lists to receive RFPs, etc.
- Become familiar with various business groups within CES and assist in presenting to them RFPs they may wish to respond to.
- Create the initial draft of each proposal response filling in as much as possible that doesn’t require a subject matter expert (SME); help identify and coordinate with necessary SMEs to complete proposal responses.
- Manage deadlines
- Identify and highlight to internal staff the scoring requirements of the RFP to help ensure a successful response
- If internal staff has questions about the RFP, facilitate the gathering and submission of these questions
- Manage interactions with the proposal requesting potential client
- Ensure that final draft of proposal response is thoroughly proofread and of professional quality
- If proposal is accepted, manage any post-acceptance interactions including any require progress reports, etc.
- Proposal Process Tracking
- Track/Tally proposals we don’t reply to and why we chose not to
- Track/Tally those proposals we respond to that we win and those that we don’t
- Track reasons for which our proposals were or were not accepted
- Utilize Salesforce in whole or in part for tracking the above
- Track utilization of this position by various CES business groups
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with business proposal writing
- Minimum of a BA or BS degree in a relevant field such as Marketing, Business or English
- Highly detail-oriented and multi-tasking capable
- Excellent English writing skills
- Assertive, self-directed and an initiative-taker
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide-range of colleagues
- Able to work odd hours if necessary to meet proposal deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience in the retail or wholesale electric markets highly preferred, and any familiarity with utility scale battery storage very highly preferred
- Existing competence using Salesforce
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. We offer are associates a first rate benefits package that includes competitive compensation, health and dental insurance, short/long term disability benefits, profit sharing, 401k matching, work-life balance and career development opportunities.
Submit your application by clicking here.