Customized Energy Solutions is at the forefront of competitive energy markets. Through consulting services and financial analysis, we enable competitive suppliers, technology providers, and utilities to prosper. We have been recognized as one of the fastest growing, privately held companies by Inc. 500 in and by Philadelphia 100.
We have an immediate need for a Senior Database Administrator who has experience with both MS SQL Server and Oracle databases. Majority of the responsibility will be with SQL Server (90%), but some Oracle activities will also be needed. The ideal candidate will also have experience in troubleshooting database/network configuration issues. Particular emphasis is on use of a data warehouse in a Virtual Environment. The position is located in downtown Philadelphia. This is a full time employee position or contract-to-hire position. Contractors will be considered only if there is an option to hire after a 6 month contract period.
- Take a proactive approach to identifying and effectively addressing production issues as they arise.
- Keep SQL Server performance levels up by identifying current and potential problems and employing best practices to address them.
- Analyze existing architecture, identify design pain points and develop a strategy to address and prevent future architectural design issues.
- In collaboration with IT and infrastructure personnel, develop and implement a sound and flexible database backup and recovery strategy.
- Troubleshoot very complex technical issues and provide reasonable solutions in a timely fashion.
- Manage disk space and capacity planning.
- Plan, coordinate and carry out database migrations.
- Perform SQL Server installs (cluster and non-cluster) and builds
- Work with clustered systems, high availability groups and Virtual servers.
- Manage Temp DB logs to ensure that enough space is available and no interruptions of production processes occur.
- Assist SQL Server developers with optimizing SQL queries, tables, views, triggers, jobs, indexes, partitions and other database performance items.
- 5+ years of experience supporting MS SQL Server, preferably 2012 or 2014 and Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
- Experience as a Database Administrator designing, tuning and administering database systems
- Knowledge of and ability to install, configure and tune SQL Server Clusters. Experience working in cluster and virtual environments.
- Experience with batch scripting, T-SQL, SQL programming, query optimization, setting indexes, table partitions, triggers, etc.
- Experience in creating DB users/logins and security management.
- Ability to run traces, performance monitoring, and blocking
- Experience with SQL installations and replication setup.
- Experience with routine database maintenance operations – modifying SQL Agent jobs, backups and restores, partitioning and indexing, maintenance of SSIS packages
- Understand relations between SQL Servers and Networking and be able to identify issues
- Experience with different Storage Solutions
- Experience with SQL Server Encryption
- Working knowledge of Always ON High Availability Solutions
- Experience working with multiple databases and multiple SQL servers in a production and non-production
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, IT, Computer Science or related field. Equivalent technical experience may be substituted for educational requirement.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience supporting Oracle 9i, 10g, and/or 11g.
- Experience with Linux
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse and Data Integration technology is highly desirable
- 5+ Years of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- 3+ Years of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) experience
- Local to the Philadelphia area
Please send your resume and compensation requirements to ITjobs1@ces-ltd.com