Customized Energy Solutions is at the forefront of competitive energy markets. Through consulting services, financial analysis and operations services, we enable competitive suppliers, technology providers, and utilities to prosper. We have been recognized as one of the fastest growing, privately held companies by Inc. 500 and by Philadelphia 100.
Join a rapidly growing company in an exciting and dynamic work environment. As one of the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia region, Customized Energy Solutions offers an opportunity for significant professional growth. Our team of associates at CES is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate about providing excellent Services to our clients. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment. Our main office is in Philadelphia, with satellite offices in various U.S. states, Canada, Japan and in India.
We are currently in the process of increasing our staffing for our 24 hour “Market Operations Center” and are looking for a talented individual with a desire to help continue the growth of this Operations Center. People who are able to learn quickly and handle multiple tasks while at the same time being detail oriented enough to make sure things are done right the first time will flourish in this role. The Market Operations Center is a 24-hour operation and will involve rotating 12-hour shifts.
- Submit Real Time and Day Ahead Energy and Demand Bid schedules on behalf of the client.
- Dispatch and Monitor Generator’s as required, including Sync. Reserve Market Participation, Regulation Assignments etc.
- React and comply to all PJM requests either via phone or All Call during routine and emergency situations.
- Confirm all energy schedules as required on time.
- Register customers in various programs such as demand side response, capacity markets and ancillary service markets.
- Submit Generation and Demand resources compliance data
- Monitor Natural Gas and Electric markets
- Monitor Natural Gas and Electric settlement activity and provide backup documentation for invoices
- Activate and deactivate all Demand Side Response requirements
- Two year college degree in Electrical Technology, other engineering related degree, or equivalent experience (preferably in electric or gas dispatch operations).
- Experience demonstrating skill handling multiple tasks simultaneously without losing track of the details at various stages of completion under normal and stressful conditions.
- Experience demonstrating basic skill using computer applications (for ex: using e-mail, Internet, word processing, and/or entering data into an application), ability to monitor and navigate among several computer screens simultaneously.
- Responsible individual with ability to complete tasks without continuous, direct supervision and accept accountability for all actions.
- Electric and/or Natural Gas Industry experience.
- Must have ability and willingness to obtain PJM Generation System Operator certification within one year (and any other applicable certifications when required) and maintain the certification through continuing education credits and/or retesting.
- Must be willing to work all shifts, weekends and holidays on a rotating 12hr basis. Willingness to work beyond a 40-hour week is required and On Call with little or no notice.
Customized Energy Solutions offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include performance bonus and profit sharing Medical Savings Account, comprehensive health Insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, and 401K matching and tuition reimbursement. Excellent opportunities for
Submit your application by clicking here.