Customized Energy Solutions is at the forefront of competitive energy markets. Through consulting services, financial analysis and operations services, we enable competitive suppliers, technology providers, and utilities to prosper. We have been recognized as one of the fastest growing, privately held companies by Inc. 500 and by Philadelphia 100.
Join a rapidly growing company in an exciting and dynamic work environment. As one of the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia region, Customized Energy Solutions offers an opportunity for significant professional growth. Our team of associates at CES is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate about providing excellent Services to our clients. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment. Our main office is in Philadelphia, with satellite offices in various U.S. states, Canada, Japan and in India.
We have an immediate need for a Vice President of Technology to assist in guiding the long-range direction of CES’s internal IT (information technology) groups and external IT-based offerings. Responsibilities will include:
- Evaluate current and planned technology initiatives to facilitate the development of an overall design and direction of CES’s technology infrastructure, including hardware, software and cloud-based resources. Work with leaders of each business line and internal IT groups to ensure that improvements made are in line with company-wide priorities and planned direction.
- Assist President and leadership team in determining allocation of financial resources and personnel to company IT initiatives. Work with leaders of each business line and internal IT group to determine expected costs and benefits of major IT projects, as a basis for resource allocation decisions.
- Work with business lines considering (or already using) third-party IT resources to help decide what to outsource and when. Develop criteria to guide business lines in making future outsourcing decisions.
- Work with business lines and IT infrastructure team to implement data storage, archiving, and data duplication policies. Help guide company toward policies that satisfy legal and contractual needs, allow business lines to perform their work, and minimize unnecessary use of hardware and infrastructure personnel time.
- Work with IT groups to improve and standardize software development and change management processes across the company. Goals for our software include increased mobile-friendly options for our web-accessible offerings, and improved methods of data exchange among internal systems, to reduce duplication of data. Process goals include moving toward common tooling, such as source control and request tracking, and similar development workflows.
- Provide oversight and direction for data security and technical audit processes, including working with each business line and IT infrastructure team to ensure compliance with company standards and best practice.
- Serve as a technical resource to suggest training for IT staff, assist in major sales presentations, and present the company’s IT capabilities.
- Develop standards for internal system testing and review to help guide each business line and IT infrastructure group in best practices for evaluating and ensuring ongoing system health and robustness. Develop and maintain signoff criteria for new major products or releases to the market.
- 15+ years overall IT experience in complex development projects
- 5+ years data warehouse development experience, working with a dimensional data model, time-series data, and large databases
- Good understanding of the primary characteristics of hardware, software, cloud-based IT systems and languages used in the IT industry today
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and capable of working in a team environment
- Four-year technical degree
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Application development experience using .Net/C#/SQL Server and other Windows-based tools
- Advanced degree or qualification related to IT or to the energy industry
- Knowledge of software solutions used in the electric utility industry
Customized Energy Solutions offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include performance bonus and profit sharing Medical Savings Account, comprehensive health Insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, and 401K matching and tuition reimbursement. Excellent opportunities for advancement.
To apply please click here