Customized Energy Solutions (CES), a privately-held company, is a leading service provider of market intelligence and operational support services to companies participating in the retail and wholesale electric and natural gas markets. Utilizing deep know-how developed since the inception of the deregulated energy markets, CES provides accurate & timely analysis on regulatory changes, market opportunities, and operational efficiencies for electricity and natural gas commodities.
Join a rapidly growing company in an exciting and dynamic work environment. As one of the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia region, Customized Energy Solutions offers an opportunity for significant professional growth. Our team of associates at CES is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate about providing excellent Services to our clients. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment. Our main office is in Philadelphia, with satellite offices in various U.S. states, Canada, Japan and in India.
We are looking for a talented and hard-working individual with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the deregulated electric industry to support the electricity market analysis consulting work of Customized Energy Solutions. This position will be largely focused on assisting with the management of Customized Energy Solutions’ wholesale market load and generation clients, including settlement, scheduling, and other back office processes, specifically focusing on activity in the Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO) region. The position will also involve performing analytical project work geared towards evaluations of aspects of the electricity markets. This position will be based out of our Philadelphia, PA, or Carmel, IN office locations.
Examples of specific responsibilities will include:
- Coordination of generation scheduling activities / reporting for wholesale generation clients
- Development of settlement reports, monitoring tools, and other methods of assisting wholesale generation or load clients in maximizing efficiency in the electric markets.
- Participate in market analysis projects focused on the MISO markets, but possibly involving other areas of the deregulated energy markets.
- Identification of potential generation or load scheduling / services clients
- Develop proposals for projects and communicate with clients or potential clients to revise, refine, and / or adapt proposals to client needs.
- Analyze RTO settlement statements, file disputes and identify invoice discrepancies
- Develop and modify modeling tools utilized in energy resource assessments and related analyses.
- Guide clients on wholesale market issues / rule changes / settlement impacts, etc.
To effectively fulfill this role, the Senior Analyst needs to possess:
- Specific knowledge of the MISO wholesale markets and settlement statement
- A Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in electrical engineering or other engineering field
- Experience in performing project research
- Experience in interacting with the MISO markets
- Strong analytical reasoning skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to be self-directed as well as work well with others
- Experience with standard office software
- Analytical skill set with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Preferred candidates will also possess the following:
- Database software skills, specifically Microsoft SQL experience
- Graduate degree in engineering, statistics, econometrics, or related field
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. We offer are associates a first rate benefits package that includes competitive compensation, health and dental insurance, short/long term disability benefits, profit sharing, 401k matching, work-life balance and career development opportunities.
To submit your application please click here.