Join a rapidly growing company in an exciting and dynamic work environment. As one of the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia region, Customized Energy Solutions offers an opportunity for significant professional growth. Our range of energy consulting services help our clients stay aware of changes in the wholesale and retail electric and gas markets and respond appropriately to changes as they take place. We provide a full range of consulting services including management of generation and load responsibilities, Demand Side Response, load forecasting, and energy price forecasting.
The primary responsibilities for this position are to contribute to the growing Emerging Technologies business line. The candidate will monitor and participate in, as appropriate, FERC/ ISO/RTO/State PUC meetings, review reports, RFPs, and quickly write succinct reports, with analysis where appropriate, on important developments from those meetings for CES clients. The candidate will lead and assist with completion of deliverables for various Emerging Technology projects with a focus on energy storage, demand response, and electric vehicles. Qualified candidates for this position will be able to work independently and collaboratively, and will possess strong communication and analytical skills.
Emerging Technology Service
- Initiate and support consulting projects related to Energy Storage, Demand Response and Electric Vehicles. Key contribution will be in knowledge of market design, rules, and implementation.
Storage IQ Service
- Monitor and participate in, where appropriate, multiple ISO/RTO stakeholder meetings (including ERCOT, ISO-NE, MISO, NYISO, PJM, and SPP) and, within days of each meeting, write succinct reports, with analysis where appropriate, on Emerging Technology developments from those meetings for internal and external clients.
- Recommend appropriate courses of action according to clients’ commercial interests.
- Work closely with clients and stay familiar with their interests by addressing clients’ questions in a timely manner and participating in regular conference calls.
- Minimum five (5) years energy industry experience required
- Relevant college degree or equivalent experience required
- Relevant graduate degree or advanced industry training preferred
- Knowledge of RTO/ISO energy, operating reserves, capacity markets required
- Knowledge of RTO/ISO transmission planning and generation interconnection processes preferred
- Strong writing skills required
- Experience writing under tight deadlines preferred
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills and experience required
- Strong verbal and public presentation skills preferred
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively required
- Business development orientation preferred
Salary range $80,000 to $100,000 commensurate with experience. Performance bonus and profit sharing Medical Savings Account, comprehensive health Insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, and 401K matching; and tuition reimbursement.